Features & Benefits
Based on the original Miller design, the AquaTractor has been developed as a robust workhorse to do the job for which it is designed without fuss or frills. It makes no fancy claims, assumes no preconceived ideas, it employs no cumbersome paddlewheels or awkward bouyancy tanks. The AquaTractor® is well proven, tried and tested. Its parent company, Kingcombe Aquacare Ltd (www.kingcombe.com) is the leading aquatic management company in the UK and the AquaTractor has been the subject of continual development as the in-company aquatic work horse. The result is that the AquaTractor® benefits from over 20 years of demanding commercial use and development.
So, what are the main features of the AquaTractor® weed harvester?
- A cutting depth of nearly 2m
- A revolutionary lightweight hard-wearing conveyor providing a safer weight distribution when operating
- A quick, efficient and highly manoeuvrable vessel using a helix screw propulsion unit with a 180 degree traverse
- Compact with a width of just 1.803 m, an overall height of just 1.60m and a length of just over 6.00m
- Excellent operator control and vision - he can see the whole operation from the bridge
- A bank-side reach of 3m for discharging the cut weed
- Fast launch (in under 30 minutes)
- Fast recovery (in under 30 minutes)
- Reliable and low-cost maintenance
- Height adjustable propulsion unit to allow operation in shallow water
- Highly manoeuvrable
- Can turn within own length
- Dimensions and overall weight (< 3.5 Tonnes including trailer) allow for mobility and easy transport behind a standard 4 x 4 (Landrover 110 or equivalent)
The benefits of owning an AquaTractor® are:
- Many years of reliable, efficient, and cost-effective weed harvesting
- Low running cost
- Minimal ‘down time'
- Excellent and safe operator control
- A machine capable of recovering floating and rooted, submergent and emergent weeds (plant species)
- Minimal environmental impact
- Ease of mobility, launching and recovery.